Terms of Service
Last Updated: February 17, 2023
- THE PARTIES / EFFECTIVE DATE. These Terms of Service constitute a legally binding contract between CRYSTAL POTTS, LLC dba THE SYSTEMS EDIT (“Company”), 10380 SW Village Center Dr., #227, Port St. Lucie, FL 34987, and you (the “Client”) and are effective as of the date that Client pays the invoice (“Effective Date”). Company and Client may collectively be referred to as the “Parties” and individually as “Party”.
- DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES. Company and Client agree that Company is hired to perform the services listed on the invoice sent to Client or listed on the payment link accessed by Client (“Services”).
- Company will rely on the accuracy, appropriateness, and completeness of the documents and information Client provides in order for Company to fulfill Company’s duties in connection with the Services.
- Client acknowledges and agrees that any information and training provided by Company is limited to the law office technology and practice management system specified on the invoice and that Client remains solely responsible for determining whether its law office practices comply with the Rules of Professional Conduct applicable to Client for all purposes.
- All meetings will be held virtually.
- Company is not a law firm, does not provide legal advice, and is not engaged in the practice of law.
- TERM. The term of this Contract commences on the Effective Date and continues thereafter until the completion of the applicable Services (“Term”).
- TERMINATION. At any time, with 15 (fifteen) day written notice (email is acceptable), either Client or Company may terminate the Services. Termination shall take place upon the receipt of written notice, sent by the terminating Party to the non-terminating Party.
- FEES. Client will pay a NON-REFUNDABLE Fee to Company for the Services depending on the service Client selects (“Fee”). All payments shall be in US dollars. This Fee shall be payable in advance by ACH or credit/debit card to Company. Company is not obligated to perform the Services, and the Client has not contracted for any Services, until Company receives the Fee.
- OTHER EXPENSES. Unless otherwise agreed upon, Client is responsible for other expenses that Company expects to incur on Client’s behalf, or in fulfillment of Company’s services to Client, such as travel expenses and postage. Such expenses shall include any other expense agreed to in advance by Company and the Client. Company may require any expense to be paid in advance. Company will provide advance notice to Client regarding other expenses Company expects to incur.
- NO GUARANTEE. Company nor its representatives make no promises or guarantees about any specific level of success, income, or results associated with the services provided. Payments to Company are not contingent upon the results.
- RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES. It is understood by the Parties that Company is an independent contractor with respect to Client, and not an employee of Client. Client will not provide fringe benefits, including health insurance benefits, paid vacation, or any other employee benefit, for the benefit of Company.
- AFFILIATES / THIRD PARTY SERVICES. Company’s website may contain links to other sites, services, and products provided by third parties, which may include Company’s affiliates. Company is not responsible for those third-party websites or resources. Other websites may link to Company’s website with or without Company’s authorization, and Company may block any links to or from those websites. YOUR USE OF EXTERNAL WEBSITES AND RESOURCES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Company is not responsible for the privacy, information, or other practices of any third-party websites or resources. Third-party services that Company or Crystal Potts receives compensation as an affiliate or referral source are listed here in the FAQ section.
- CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. Neither Party to the Contract shall disclose information or material that is reasonably understood to be confidential (“Confidential Information”) to any third Party. Confidential Information does not include information: (a) in the public domain; (b) received by one Party from a third party without a duty of confidentiality; (c) disclosed by operation of law; or (d) released from confidential treatment by written consent of the disclosing Party. All methods and materials, including but not limited to documents and videos that Client receives from Company are proprietary, are and will remain the sole property of Company, and are not to be shared. Client will not record any meetings with Company. Client also shall not disclose to Company any confidential information of any third parties and Client shall use their own due diligence to safeguard their client information. This Section will survive termination of the Services that Company provides for Client.
- GOVERNING LAW. These Terms of Service shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of Florida. Any legal proceeding, dispute, or other legal action arising out of, in connection with, or by reason of these Terms of Service shall be resolved in the jurisdiction of St. Lucie County, Florida, and the undersigned consents to the jurisdiction of such courts and waives and agrees that it shall not assert that such forum is inconvenient.
- SEVERABILITY. If any provision of these Terms of Service shall be held or deemed to be, or shall in fact be, illegal, inoperative or unenforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced consistent with applicable law, and shall not affect any other provision or provisions herein contained or render the same invalid, inoperative, or unenforceable to any extent whatsoever.
- MODIFICATION AND WAIVER. From time to time, changes may need to be made to these Terms of Service to accurately reflect the Company’s services and practices. If changes are made, those revised Terms of Service will supersede prior versions. Unless Company says otherwise, changes will be effective upon the “Last Updated” date located at the top of this page. Company agrees that changes cannot be retroactive. No waiver of any provision of these Terms of Service and no consent by the Parties shall be effective unless such waiver is in writing and signed by the Parties, and the same shall then be effective only for the period, on the conditions and for the specific instances and purposes specified in such writing.
- HEADINGS. The headings identifying the various sections and subsections of this Contract are for reference only and do not define, modify, expand, or limit any of the terms or provisions herein..
- FORM OF SIGNATURES. If Client purchases services from Company’s website, Client acknowledges and understands that clicking through and submitting the first payment or payment in full shall constitute Client’s agreement to be bound by all of these Terms of Service.
- MISCELLANEOUS. These Terms of Service and the terms you agree to in the invoice contain the entire agreement of the Parties and there are no other promises or conditions in any other agreement whether oral or written. These Terms of Service supersede any prior written or oral agreements between the Parties. Further, these Terms of Service are binding on Client, Company, and the respective legal representatives and successors of each.
The Systems Edit™ is a trade name of Crystal Potts, LLC.